You want to learn to ski, but you don't know where to start?
There are so many different types of lessons available in your ski area that it can be confusing! If you're not sure which one is right for you to help you develop the most, read on. We'll take an in-depth look at each one and its benefits so that by the end of this article, you'll have all the information needed to make an informed decision.
Private lessons give you the undivided attention of your instructor and are a good way to learn how to ski, and an even better way to improve your skiing. They are perfect for individuals or small groups and can be arranged in any combination of ability levels and interests. At Boomerang on Snow we believe a private lesson should be no more than one person. Past the beginner lessons, private lessons allow you to set your own goals for learning how to ski, whether you want to ski at the intermediate level, or if you have a specific interest .
Private lessons are also available for children and adults alike! If you're looking for a special gift idea for someone who loves winter sports, our Private Ski Lessons with Carv is it!
• Undivided attention of your ski instructor
• Good opportunity to improve a particular skill
• Deliver most benefit to intermediate skiers
• Can request your favourite instructor
• The most expensive product offered by most ski schools
• As a first timer you will have less rest time
• Do not provide continuity in your learning
• May not have the same instructor over multiple days
Group lessons are taught in a small group of 4-6 people, making it easy to learn from our instructors, as well as your peers.
Group lessons are great for learning as well as socialising or even making friends with other skiers.
At Boomerang on Snow we do recommend group lessons. They are more fun and interactive.
• Social interaction
• Opportunity to observe others
• Less tiring than a private lesson
• Easy on the budget
• Difficult if the group is mismatched
• Your instructor’s attention will be split and not focused on you
• Cannot request your favourite instructor
Adult camps and programs are for adults who want to learn to ski or are keen to further develop their skills. We offer weeklong camps and programs for all levels and abilities, as well as specialised camps for beginners and ladies only.
Ski camps and programs provide a structured and continuous improvement opportunity and focus on providing the participants with the opportunity to male the most by attending such programs.
• Deliver the best value for money
• Great opportunity to improve your skills
• Require a five-day commitment
• Higher upfront investment
Kids camps are a great way to introduce your child to skiing. Kids camps are also a great way to get your kids ski lessons and keep them active and out of trouble during the time on snow.
Kids camps allow your child to learn to ski in a social environment, where they develop by using a multitude of skills such as adapting to change, making new friends or exploring how to operate in different settings.
Adult lessons are also perfect if your children have already learned but would like some extra coaching or just need a break from mom and dad! Our talented instructors will work with them so they can have fun while improving their skills.
• Social activity for the kids
• Great learning environment
• Better value for money
• Parent freedom
• Continuity in education
• Start time commitment
• Time commitment
Race training is for people who want to compete. It is also for those who want to improve their skills and performance even if they are not interested to take part in a race. Race training is an ideal way of getting used to skiing with others and being able to focus on personal development while developing your technique at the same time in more competitive environment.
• A lot of fun
• Great training opportunity
• Can feel intimidating
• Must have an intermediate/advanced level of skiing
The lesson you choose to take will depend on your needs and ability level. If you are looking at learning how to ski, we are here to help you. If you’re looking for a fun way to improve your skiing technique, then our camps and programs are perfect.